Belton Fire Department is seeking a motivated, driven and team-oriented person to serve in the role of part-time Firefighter. This position is set for 18-24 hours per week. This could be achieved through 8, 12 or 24 hour shifts. Primary duties are as follows.
- This is a skilled technical position. The team member performs routine and complex tasks to provide emergency services to include respond/operate fire apparatus, fire suppression, hazardous materials mitigation, technical rescue, customer service related responses and patient care equivalent to the emergency medical responder level (EMR).
- Assists the full-time personnel with daily duties and other tasks given by command staff.
- Takes part in daily shift training and physical fitness.
- Assists full-time staff with business pre-fire plans, fire apparatus/equipment maintenance and testing, performs maintenance and testing of fire hydrants and teaches various safety programs to the community.
- S. Citizen, 18 years of age and pass SLED background check with clear criminal record.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass Pre-Employment physical and drug screening
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license (Class E License preferred)
- At least one year of full-time firefighting experience or three years of volunteer experience.
- NFPA Firefighter I (Firefighter II preferred)
- SCFA HazMat Operations
- Emergency Medical Responder (DOT or ASHI)
- SCFA Emergency Vehicle Driver Training
- SCFA Basic Auto Extrication
- NIMS 700/800
- NFPA Firefighter 2
- HazMat Technician
- SCFA Pump Operations
- Low Angle Rope Rescue/Confined Space Rescue
- Fire Inspection Training or knowledge is a plus
Candidates may be required to participate in a job-related skills exam that involves primary duties such as search and rescue, fire hose advancement, ground ladders and pump operations.
Pay rate is $10.00 per hour. Part-time employees will be enrolled in the PORS Retirement System and may earn holiday pay where applicable. Applications can be picked up at Belton City Hall 306 Anderson St. Belton, SC 29627 or select APPLY NOW below. Resumes are encouraged along with applications and completed forms can be turned in at City Hall or the Fire Department.