The Belton Fire Department is seeking a motivated, driven and team-oriented person to serve in the role of Full-time Engineer/Firefighter. This career position works a 24/48 Kelly day schedule (8 shifts per month) with occasional required extra duty. Our department employs five career, six part-time and approximately 20 volunteers. The chosen candidate will play an integral role as he/she may serve as an initial incident commander, supervise other members and interact with our community on a daily basis. Primary duties are listed below.
- The team member will perform routine and complex tasks to provide emergency services to include respond/operate fire apparatus, fire suppression, hazardous materials mitigation, technical rescue, customer service related responses and patient care equivalent to the emergency medical responder level (EMR).
- Inspects commercial structures to prevent fires and develops business pre-fire plans to become familiar with structures, performs maintenance and testing of fire hydrants and teaches various safety programs to the community through delivery of progressive risk reduction programs
- Attends a variety of training programs offered by the department, state fire academy, and other specialized sources. Further education and training will be encouraged. The chosen candidate may be required to attend training courses designated by the Fire Chief.
- S. Citizen at least 18 years of age
- Must pass SLED background check, pre-employment physical and drug test
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license (Class E or B obtained within 6 months)
- At least one year of full-time firefighting experience or three years of volunteer experience.
- Minimum NFPA Firefighter I (NFPA Firefighter II is preferred)
- SCFA HazMat Operations (Technician preferred)
- Emergency Medical Responder (DOT or ASHI)
- SCFA EVDT, Pump Ops 1, Technical Rescuer/Rope Ops, Confined Space Entry/Rescue
- Candidates will be expected to participate in a job-related skills exam that involves primary duties such as search and rescue, fire hose advancement, ground ladders and pump operations.
Salary range is $34,320-$37,500. We offer a competitive benefits package including SCPORS retirement, employee paid SC State health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; annual leave/sick leave. City employees also receive a free gym membership at our recreation center.
Applications available at Belton City Hall, 306 Anderson St. Belton, SC 29627 or you can apply by clicking the Apply Now button below. Application with resume should be completed and turned in at City Hall or the Fire Dept., can be uploaded with online application, or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position Open Until Filled. Contact the fire department at 338-7048 for further details.